How to take care of your opal properly
The claim that opals are soft gemstones, an absolute myth! Opals are precious gemstones worth caring for, but with a common-sense approach they will give you a lifetime of pleasure.
In order for your Opal to be in its best shape, there are some Ways you can easily make them look perfect at all time,
Here are some tips for taking care of your opal:
- Cleaning: Clean your opal with a soft cloth and warm soapy water, avoid using ultrasonic or steam cleaners.
- Storage: Store your opal in a soft cloth or padded jewelry box to avoid scratches and protect it from damage.
- Exposure to light: Opals can dry out and crack if exposed to direct sunlight or extreme heat for an extended period of time.
- Avoid chemicals: Avoid exposing your opal to harsh chemicals, such as cleaning products and beauty products, which can damage the stone.
- Protection: Consider having your opal set in a protective setting, such as a bezel, to help prevent scratches and damage.
- Professional cleaning: Have your opal professionally cleaned and checked for damage by a jeweler every few years.
- Wear with care: Take care when wearing your opal jewelry to avoid exposing it to rough surfaces or impacts that may cause damage. By following these tips, you can help protect and preserve your opal for years to come.
Anything you didn't now yet? ;)